Thursday, July 17, 2014

Date night with the Soudani's

 photo 10534160_10152242927551546_7288536964670803934_n.jpg

So, that's what a date night looks like right now for my husband and I. I miss this man more than you could possibly imagine. Until I met Majed I never really fully appreciated when people would say that someone completes them. It's hard to understand if you've never had that feeling. Before meeting him I never even knew I was "incomplete" After being apart from each other for almost 9 months now I can say with certainty that I don't feel whole.

The stress of being away from each other is always present. When we talk we usually have at least one small argument over something silly. We're lucky for the fact that we recognize what the real problem is, we miss each other. So, our fights never last long. We also sort of have an unspoken rule that we never leave an issue unresolved and once it it resolved that's the end of it. I don't think that you can have a successful long distance relationship let a lone a long distance marriage without amazing communication.

We do our best to stay in contact. We text every day and have a standing "date" on Fridays and Saturdays. The time difference makes it hard for us to talk to each other "face to face" more often but we do our best. Calling each other is expensive but my husband will also call me throughout the week even if it's only for a minute.

Inshallah (God Willing) , the rest of this time will go fast and easy. We are going through the immigration process and it's so expensive and so time consuming and in general stressful. I pray that we have strength and patience and that we are shown mercy and will be together soon.

Have you or are you now currently in a long distance relationship? What are your tips to keep the relationship strong while you are apart? I would love to hear your stories and personal experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment